Monday, 1 September 2014

Interrail Diary - Berlin






















I had an amazing summer this year full of lots of travelling. I went Inter-railing with my boyfriend, the first stop being Berlin. I’ve wanted to visit Berlin for a while as I’d heard it was an amazing city. It definitely lived up to its reputation as it was probably one of my favourite places I visited, it was much bigger than I had expected which meant seeing it in only 3 days was difficult. 

The first day we were there we did a bike tour with, ‘Fat tyre bike tours’, recommended by a friend, and I would definitely recommend to anyone who visits Berlin, especially if you only have limited time! You get to see all the main historic sites and tourist attractions but you can do it all in one day and re visit any you want to look at in more detail. For our bike tour we had Andrew as our tour guide, he made the tour extremely fun so would ask for him if you go. We also visited Templehoff Airport, it has been opened as a kind of park that you can ride around, fly kites, drink, whatever you want to do. We hired bikes and rode to the airport, it is huge so you could literally spend hours there, take some drinks and watch the sunset, this was a highlight of my trip!

Some other places I would recommend if you visit Berlin –
Prenzleur Berg – this is a cool area with lots of little unique shops, vintage shops, cool cafes and bars etc. 

Kreuzburg – This is a cool student kind of area, we stayed here, again there are nice restaurants, bars, art, markets and cool shops, visit Colours if you love rooting through huge vintage shops.

Ku’damm – This is a shopping area, the biggest department store is here, KaDeWe. 





Olivia 
x


No comments:

Post a Comment